We are a dynamic group of individuals, with varied areas of expertise in the field of nutrition, health, and wellness. Our group is made up of Registered Dietitians, Dietetic Technicians Registered, Retired Dietitians, dietetic students, and dietetic interns. We produce a quarterly newsletter, provide many opportunities for leadership, and offer our members 8 meetings yearly for the purpose of continuing education and networking.
The SCDA strives to empower it's members through continuing education, professional networking, and leadership development to establish them as first-line food and nutrition experts within the community.
What We've Achieved
- Award winning members! Three SCDA members earned CAND awards in 2016, one in 2017, and more to come!
- Organization improvements, increasing benefits! In 2016, the SCDA Board of Directors made many improvements to the organization, which means more benefits for members!
- More members, more networking opportunities! 20% increase in members in the last 5 years. Our members are made up of: 60% active members, 10% retired members, 10% interns, and 20% students
- Great location, remarkable speakers! SCDA is perfectly located for amazing speakers. Speakers have included, Bryan Snyder, RD for the Denver Broncos, Alicia Kendig, USOC Dietitian, and more.
- Student-Intern collaboration, more information! Proud to continue our highly valuable relationship and collaboration with students and dietetic interns from University of Colorado at Colorado Springs helps bring you more information and growth to SCDA.