We are a dynamic group of individuals, with varied areas of expertise in the field of nutrition, health, and wellness. Our group is made up of Registered Dietitians, Dietetic Technicians Registered, Retired Dietitians, dietetic students, and dietetic interns. We produce a quarterly newsletter, provide many opportunities for leadership, and offer our members 8 meetings yearly for the purpose of continuing education and networking.
The SCDA strives to empower it's members through continuing education, professional networking, and leadership development to establish them as first-line food and nutrition experts within the community.
What We've Achieved
- Three SCDA members earned CAND awards in 2016, including 1 student, 1 dietetic intern, and your very own President, Melaina
- In 2016, the SCDA Board of Directors established a logo, built a website, began building relationships with potential sponsors, and made many other improvements to the organization
- 20% increase in members in the last 5 years. Our members are made up of: 60% active members, 10% retired members, 10% interns, and 20% students
- SCDA is perfectly located for amazing speakers and welcomes Denver Broncos' RD, Bryan Snyder, and US Olympic Teams RD, Alicia Kendig, for presentations this year
- Proud to continue our highly valuable relationship and collaboration with students and dietetic interns from University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, allowing us to continue growth within SCDA